In 2021, 17,831,171 passengers traveled with S7 Airlines. Of these, 16,262,349 passengers made domestic flights, which is by 24.5% more than in 2019. In December, the airline’s passenger traffic amounted to almost 1.4 mln people and exceeded the pre-pandemic figures for the same month.
What else made 2021 memorable?
- The total distance covered by the airline’s aircraft was 261,047,638 km: 340 times to the moon and back!
- The most active passenger of S7 Airlines made 312 flights over the past year: if we imagine that each of them fell on a separate calendar day, for the whole year the record holder would have spent less than two months on the ground.
- By measuring S7 Airlines flights in minutes, the airline calculated an impressive figure of 80,955 minutes a traveler spent on board in 2021. That’s almost 56 days!
Some numbers for 2021 indicate a high level of trust in the airline:
- 47,576 people decided to fly with S7 Airlines on their birthday last year and celebrate the holiday not only on the ground, but also in the sky.
- The total weight of luggage carried by the airline in 2021 was 110,287,786 kg. Interestingly, travelers increasingly prefer outdoor activities: compared to pre-pandemic 2019, they began to check in their favorite bikes, snowboards and surfboards 3 times more often.
- At the end of 2021, the number of S7 Priority program participants reached more than 5 mln people.
- The Doctors on Board program, which started in 2020, now has 31,099 participants.
- In 2021, 36% of S7 Airlines flights had at least one medical worker, and on certain routes there were more than 50% of such flights.
2021 has also become a landmark year in terms of sustainable development:
- In August, the airline launched an interactive educational program on ethical and sustainable travel Green Steps. 151,193 people are already learning how to travel with respect for nature and communities, earning miles in S7 Priority.
- In December, the company for the first time published its sustainability strategy, in which it stated several significant goals: to achieve carbon neutrality by 2050, as well as reduce CO2 emissions by 4-5% and reduce the age of the aircraft fleet to 8.5 years in 2022.
S7 Airlines (a brand of Siberia Airlines, www.s7.ru) is the largest private airline in Russia.
The airline has a wide network of domestic routes built on the basis of air transport hubs in Moscow (Domodedovo) and Novosibirsk (Tolmachevo).
In 2007, the airline received an official IATA notification of being included in the register of IOSA operators (IATA Operational Safety Audit) and became the second air carrier in Russia to successfully pass the full international audit procedure for compliance with operational safety standards.
S7 Airlines uses the latest achievements of the global aviation industry in passenger service and actively develops the service.
S7 Airlines currently has one of the most modern aircraft fleets on the Russian air transportation market. All flights of the airline are carried out on aircraft of the world’s leading manufacturers — Airbus, Boeing, Embraer.
S7 Airlines is included in the TOP-100 of the best airlines in the world and ranks third in Eastern Europe in the authoritative Skytrax international rating.
S7 Airlines is among the most environmentally friendly air carriers in the world, according to the environmental organization Atmosfair. In 2018, the airline takes 16th place in the world ranking.
In 2020, S7 Airlines entered the top 50 most attractive employers in Russia, according to Forbes.
At the end of 2020, S7 Airlines was awarded the Skyway Service Award for maintaining the route network and implementing the Doctors on Board privilege program for medical workers.
S7 Airlines has repeatedly been awarded the Cannes Lions advertising festival award, as well as the My Planet national award for discoveries in the field of travel, for completed projects.
In 2021, more than 17.8 million passengers used S7 Airlines flights.
In 2021, S7 Airlines won in the categories “Airline of the Year”, “Development of Route Networks in Crisis Conditions” and “Work Efficiency in Crisis Conditions” as part of the “Wings of Russia” award.
In 2022, S7 Airlines won the Skyway Service Award in the categories Economy Class, Domestic Scheduled Flights, Economy Class, International Scheduled Flights, and Best Online Services for Customers.