Declaring of baggage
Information for transfer passengers travelling on route with departure point outside of customs area of Customs union (Russian Federation) arriving to the territory of Russian Federation by international flights and travelling further with connecting domestic flight on the territory Russian Federation
The simplified procedure of customs formalities commission with regards to goods accepted by carrier to carriage deklarirovaniye bagazhain accompanied baggage with departure point outside of customs area of Customs union (Russian Federation) arriving to the territory of Russian Federation by international flights and travelling further with connecting domestic flight on the territory Russian Federation can be used according to which:
- baggage can be accepted as transfer to final destination only provided that there is no goods inside it which are subject to written customs declaring;
- customs control of transfer baggage which is accepted to final destination can be performed without presenting it to customs authority by transfer passenger himself;
- while accepting baggage to final destination, subject for presenting transfer baggage of transfer passengers by Carrier to customs authority for performance of customs control at the airport of transfer is a baggage tag with number on transfer baggage confirming fact of check in of transfer baggage on territory of Russian Federation to final destination. Having a bag tag with number on transfer baggage gives evidence that transfer passenger declares to customs authority that in transfer baggage there is no goods which are subject to written customs declaring.
We would like to draw your attention to the fact that application of given procedure is not excuses transfer passenger:
- from comply to the requirements of customs regulations of Customs union and regulation of Russian Federation about customs affairs;
- from amenability for violation of regulation of Customs union and regulation of Russian Federation about customs affairs.
If there are goods in passenger baggage which are subject to written customs declaring according to Russian Federation regulation about customs affairs, the carrier accepts baggage only to transfer point where passenger has to claim baggage for performance of customs procedures established by customs regulation of Customs union and regulation of Russian Federation about customs affairs.
When crossing the customs border of the Customs union by air the following goods are subject to customs declaring (the passenger customs declaration to be filled):
- the imported goods, the customs value of which exceeds EUR 10,000 equivalent and (or) the total weight exceeds 50 kg;
- imported and exported cash (bank notes, treasury notes, coins, except for coins made of precious metals), and (or) traveler’s checks for a total amount exceeding the equivalent of U.S. $ 10 000;
- imported and exported financial instruments (bills, checks, securities);
- cultural values;
- exported state awards of the Russian Federation;
- animals and plants threatened with extinction, their parts and products made of them;
- arms and ammunition;
- alcoholic beverages imported in quantities exceeding 3 liters;
- narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances as drugs for medical reasons with appropriate documentation;
- electronic warfare, and (or) high-frequency devices for civil purposes, including built-in or included with other goods;
- hardware with encryption;
- items for personal use received an inheritance, provided documentary evidence of receipt of such goods in the inheritance;
- items for personal use imported in accompanied baggage, if person who carries it has unaccompanied baggage;
- other items specified customs regulation of the Customs union.
If you have questions you can approach Information desk located at baggage claim area in international zone at airport